About the PhD Program
Riga Graduate School of Law and the Law Faculty of the University of Copenhagen jointly call for applications for doctoral studies in:
- international human rights law
- international public law
- international private law
Fully paid positions as PhD Research Fellows will be available for research starting in January 2016 in a joint Doctoral programme offered by Riga Graduate School of Law and the University of Copenhagen.
The study period is 3 years and exclusively in the English language. During the studies doctoral students will write and defend a doctoral dissertation, have teaching commitments, and complete courses offered by both host institutions and elsewhere.
It is foreseen that approximately half of the study period will be spent at Riga Graduate School of Law and half at the University of Copenhagen. This is a full time commitment and study costs, including study visits abroad, will be covered. Research fellows are employed as members of the RGSL faculty during their period of study.
The purpose of the PhD Programme is both to prepare the student for a continuing career in legal research and teaching, as well as to educate highly qualified specialists relevant to the public and private sectors. The degree ensures research qualifications at the international level.
- a research project proposal. This should include the following: (1) objective(s) of the research, (2) major research questions, (3) review of relevant literature, (4) methodology to be applied in the research, and (5) a timetable that plans for all course requirements to have been met within three years (for more information, please see: http://jura.ku.dk/phd/english/applicants/research-project/). The project description must elaborate on the value of the proposed research project in terms of its relevance to existing and future research in the field (maximum 6 pages excluding bibliography). The document must be Times New Roman, font size 12, spacing 1.5 and all margins (right, left, top and bottom) of 2 cm.
- CV (maximum 2 pages), including list of publications if applicable;
- passport copy;
- two academic reference letters
Phone for inquiries: +371 67 039 256