Measuring and Building Audience Trust
The aim of this course is to provide participants with in-depth understanding of the most effective methods of audience engagement in journalism. The course will have a strong practical element focusing on skills, strategies and tactics used to attract audiences to quality journalism. The course is fit primarily for media practitioners, activists and advocates who work with media or engage directly with audiences; media researchers who study trust and business models; and policy experts who work on media literacy projects.
Course structure and objectives
The goal of the course is to equip participants with substantive knowledge and strategic skills to address one of the biggest challenges journalism is facing: declining audience trust.
The objectives of the course are, then, to:
1. Provide advanced training and practical skill building to enable participants to engage effectively with audiences;
2. Provide a forum for policy experts, activists and journalists to come together and discuss strategies to advance media literacy;
3. Provide a forum for knowledge, experience and skill sharing of tactics, techniques and case studies of working and engaging with audiences;
4. Identify a core group of scholars working in this area and nurture their research interests and capabilities with the aim of future collaborations amongst faculty, course participants, organizations and CEU;
5. Gain hands-on experience to develop strategies aimed at building loyal audiences;
6. Develop the network of researchers and practitioners engaged in studying and responding to the adverse effects of declining trust.
· Tuition Fee:
- Full fee: 550 EUR (payable until April 25th)
- Early Bird fee: 500 EUR (payable until March 30th)
· Accommodation in CEU Residence Center:
- In single room: 28 EUR/ night / person - including breakfast
- In shared double room: 17 EUR/ night / person - including breakfast
· Estimated living costs: 120 - 160 EUR
This summer course is financed through tuition fees and will not be able to offer any scholarships or tuition waivers. The final deadline by which the course will be confirmed is April 30, 2019.
How to apply
Below is the list of the documents you need to prepare or arrange for submission:
1. Completed online SUN Application Form (see notes below)
2. Full curriculum vitae or resume, including list of publications, if any
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae or resume, including a list of publications, if any.
3. Statement of Purpose
For more information click ''LINK TO ORIGINAL'' below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: