The Curtin Business School (CBS) Innovation International Scholarship
Scholarship has been developed by Curtin University to encourage and support students who have chosen to study in the field of business information systems / technology.
The CBS Innovation International Scholarship is part of Curtin University’s commitment to innovation and excellence in teaching and research, for the benefit of our students and the wider community. Curtin University is renowned for producing innovation and academic excellence that ultimately benefits the wider community. Students applying for the CBS Innovation International Scholarship are required to show insight and creative ideas in relation to their future profession and demonstrate a strong understanding of their chosen course of study.
Conditions that need to be met to keep your scholarship
Recipients must meet ALL of the following:
- Remain enrolled in eligible course and major and major of study
- Maintain a full time study load of 100 credits each semester at Curtin University
- Maintain a course weighted average (CWA) of at least 70 each semester
- Pass all units attempted each semester
Scholarship continuity is subject to meeting satisfactory academic progress as outlined above. Progress will be assessed at the end of each study period. Unless there areexceptional circumstances, a recipient with unsatisfactory progress or who breaches the scholarship conditions shall be ineligible to retain the scholarship. Exceptional circumstances must be forwarded to and shall be at the discretion of the Scholarships Office.
Changes to enrolment
If a recipient intends to do any of the following they must also apply in writing to the Scholarships Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for approval BEFORE the change. The Scholarships Office will advise how the change will affect their scholarship.
- Change from full-time enrolment
Withdrawal or Terminated from units or course: A recipient who withdraws from their units or course of study, or has been terminated from studies will become ineligible for continuation of the scholarship, will not receive any further payments and will be required to repay to Curtin University the stipend awarded for that study period if applicable.
How to apply
Step 1: Download
- Application form and guide available to download from right hand side of this page when scholarship is open for application
Step 2: Complete
- Important information such as formatting requirements are detailed in the application guide
Step 3: Submit
- Closing date listed at top of page and on application form
- Late or incomplete applications will be assessed as ineligible
Step 4: Receipt
Application receipt sent to email listed through Curtin international admission within 10 working days of receiving application
Step 5: Assessment
- Applications will be assessed by an assessment panel using the following criteria:
- Demonstrated a strong understanding of chosen course of study
- Responses to questions in application
- Academic merit
- Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) into an eligible undergraduate business school degree at Curtin University in 2016
Step 6: Outcome
- Outcome sent via Official Communications Channel within 4-6 weeks of closing date (all successful and unsuccessful applicants notified)
Step 7: Acceptance
- Successful applicants must return acceptance documents by deadline listed in Official Communication
- Deferral of this scholarship is permitted (details included in scholarship terms and conditions)
- Scholarship will be awarded if there are applicants of sufficient merit
- Scholarship will commence from first semester of study
- Scholarship is not transferrable to another major, course or university
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
Building 101, Level 1
Building 101, Level 1
GPO Box U1987
PERTH WA 6845
Fax Number: +61 8 9266 3279
Please attach a front cover page containing
1. Student Name
2. Student ID
3. Number of pages faxed
All applications must be signed.