Caucasus Research Resource Center-Armenia Junior Fellowship
Caucasus Research Resource Center-Armenia Foundation invites applications from recent graduates to participate in Junior Fellowship program 2016. It is designed to provide a substantive work experience for junior researchers who are interested in embarking first-hand policy-relevant research analysis careers as well as gain valuable professional insight under the guidance of experienced staff. The program runs for a maximum of 3 months. Junior fellows will receive a gross monthly stipend of 120.000 AMD.
- Advanced proficiency in essential computer programs, including statistical data analysis software
- High level of developing relational databases as well as presenting data in charts, graphs and tables
- Experience in project management and develop leadership potential and other skills to succeed in future career
- Wide range network of collaboration
- Working with experienced and committed colleagues thus growing into an active member of the CRRC-Armenia team
- Becoming users of CRRC-Armenia services (databases, library, network)
Duties and responsibilities
Research and program related line (60%)
- Select a topic of their interest using databases developed by CRRC-Armenia to produce a publication in the form of a working paper/report and/or policy briefs, which builds on their academic research
- Deliver work-in-progress presentations on their research findings
- Write blog posts to put at CRRC-Armenia webpage
- Attend a series of small working group discussions/meetings, lectures, seminars and trainings
- Provide monthly short progress reports and a final report
Project administration (30%)
- Support in implementation of CRRC-Armenia’s ongoing projects and conduct research on them by preparing, drafting and editing reports, presentation materials, adjusting questionnaires if needed
- Update the databases of different projects in SPSS (make presentations using Excel and PowerPoint)
- Assist in project related administrative tasks, including communication with partners, occasional translations (English-Armenian-English) and alike
Other tasks (10%)
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Be a citizen of Armenia between the age of 22 and 30 holding a minimum of a bachelor’s degree (PhD holders are not considered for this fellowship program)
- Communicate fluently in English (in speaking & writing) as well as have excellent writing skills in Armenian
- Commit minimum 32 working hours of work per week for whole contract period
- Have computer literacy
The application process
Step 1: Fill out this application form and submit it no later than May 2, 2016, 10:00 a.m.
Step 2: If you are short listed, you will be asked to take an English language test on May 11, 2016.
Step 3: After the test, you will be invited for a two-day intensive training on data analysis using SPSS by the end of May, 2016.
Step 4: The best candidate, a junior fellow, will be selected to receive the Junior Fellowship and will be contracted starting from June 2016.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
If you have any question about the application process, send an email to Armenuhi Vanoyan at email@example.com.
The Caucasus Research Resource Center (CRRC) -Armenia Foundation is a research center aimed at strengthening social science research and public policy analysis in Armenia by offering scholars and practitioners opportunities for research and training. Further details about CRRC-Armenia are available on our website at www.crrc.am
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: