Cass Business School Global Leaders Scholarship City University London
City is offering a minimum of 50 scholarships of £1000 to outstanding International and EU students starting an undergraduate course at City in September 2016 who are taking further education qualifications in their home education systems.
Terms and conditions
City is offering a minimum of 50 scholarships of £1000 to International and EU students starting an undergraduate course at City in September 2016.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and applicants' personal statements.
To be eligible for a Global Leaders Scholarship, you must:
- Be an EU or international student with your home country's equivalent to A-levels (for example French Baccalaureate, Italian Maturita or US High School Diploma)
- International students undertaking a recognised international foundation programme
- Be applying for your first year of undergraduate study in 2016/17
- Achieve the grades set out in the terms of your offer from City
- Accept an offer from City as your first choice
Please note: This scholarship is not eligible to International (non UK/EU) students with overseas fee status from Cass Business School. These students from Cass are encouraged to apply via the Scholarship pages for the Cass Business School International Scholarship.
Value and payment
The scholarship is worth £1000 and there will be a minimum of 50 scholarships available in 2016. The scholarship is payable in year one of the course and cash payments will be made in January 2017.
Application and selection process
To apply for a Global Leaders Scholarship, please complete the application form by no later than 30 April 2016 in order to be considered for the scholarship. As part of the application, you must provide a short personal statement of no more than 200 words that describes how an education at City University London will help you to develop into a global leader of the future.
Applications will be assessed by members of the City Scholarships and Bursaries committee on the basis of academic merit and the quality of applicants' personal statements. Short-listed applicants may be required to provide further information.
Students will be notified of the results of their application by 9 June.
Successful students will then have to accept City as their firm choice by no later than 22 July in order to qualify for the scholarship.
Terms and conditions
- The Scholarship is available to undergraduate students assessed as 'EU' or 'International' by City University London who meet the eligibility requirements and terms and conditions.
- The Scholarship is open to students who have further education qualifications from the education system of their home country. This includes international students undertaking a recognised international foundation programme. Students with 'A' levels or International Baccalaureate are not eligible.
- Students must be registered full-time at the University on 1 December 2016 to be eligible to receive the scholarship.
- Students must be commencing the first year of their degree as a new student, i.e. those commencing in Year 2 or 3 will not be eligible.
- Students whose fees are reassessed after the start of their degree or who restart their degree will not be eligible.
- Students are required to apply for the scholarship by 30 April 2016. Students who do not complete the scholarship application process by this deadline will not be eligible.
- Students must make City University London their first choice when accepting an offer of a place in order to be eligible. Students who make City University London their insurance choice will not be eligible.
- Students must accept an offer and make City their firm choice by 17 July in order to receive the scholarship. The scholarship is subject to students then meeting the terms of their offer and enrolling.
- If students have been offered a scholarship and do not meet the terms of their offer, but do still secure a place and enrol at City, the awarding of the scholarship is at the discretion of the University. Where further consideration is required, cases will be referred to the Scholarships and Bursaries committee, whose decision is final.
- All qualifications are subject to confirmation by 15 November 2016.
- Students may be requested to provide additional information in order to confirm their eligibility for a Scholarship. Any additional information requested must be provided to City University London by 15 November 2016 in order for a student to be considered for a scholarship.
- Students who withdraw from the University before completion of the year will be liable to repay the Scholarship to the University.
- Applications will be assessed by the Scholarships and Bursaries committee and all decisions of the Group are final.
- City University London reserves the right to make changes to the terms and conditions of the Scholarship and these will appear on our website.
- If, after applying for one of the scholarships, your circumstances change and you are no longer eligible for that scholarship, you may be considered for one of the other available awards at the discretion of the University.
- This scholarship is not eligible to International (non UK/EU) students with overseas fee status from Cass Business School.
- Students who are successful in their application to this scheme are not eligible to receive funding from any of our other scholarships.