Cartier Women’s Initiative Award
The Cartier Women's Initiative Awards is looking for committed female entrepreneurs heading initiatives with the potential to grow significantly in the years to come. It is a unique opportunity for early-phase women entrepreneurs to take their companies to the next level.
First prize for the 6 laureates:
• US$ 100 000 in prize money
• One-to-one personalized business mentoring
Second prize for the 12 finalists:
• US$ 30 000 in prize money
To be considered for the Cartier Women's Initiative Awards, the project must be an original for-profit business creation in its initial phase (2 to 3 years old) led by a woman.
• The "for-profit" requirement: should be designed to generate revenues, non-profit project proposals not accepted
• The "originality" requirement: should be a new concept, wholly conceived by the founder or team, and not a copy or subsidiary of an existing business
• The "initial phase" requirement: should be in the first stages of its development (between 2-3 years)
• Main leadership position must be filled by a woman, good command of English required (both verbal and written)
• Legal entry age: 18 or the age of legal majority in country of citizenship (whichever is older) on the day of the application deadline
The Jury evaluates the projects based on criteria of creativity, sustainability (potential for growth) and impact.
• The creativity criterion: degree of innovation shown by the overall business concept, uniqueness of the project on the market or country where it is being developed
• The sustainability criterion: financial impact of the business; revenue model, development strategy and other aspects indicating its chances of long-term success and future growth
• The impact criterion: effect of the business on society, in terms of jobs created or its effect on the immediate or broader environment
• The overall quality and clarity of the material presented
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.