Based on the success of the programme since 2008 Steiermärkische Sparkasse Bank in cooperation with the University of Graz again announces the program “Best of South-East”, aiming at the advancement and further education program for talented and dedicated graduates und students from Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (F.Y.R.O.M.).
The program's aim is to provide the target groups mentioned above with training and further education opportunities as well as international work experience. Furthermore, a trainee program or internship makes it easier for students to enter professional life.
Trainee Program And Internship
Graduates or students in economics or law at accredited universities in Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia” (F.Y.R.O.M.) as well as students from the University of Graz holding a status as „ordentliche Studierende“ who come from one of these countries will be given the opportunity to complete a trainee program or an internship program at the Steiermärkische Sparkasse Bank or in another Styrian business. Selected courses at the University of Graz will round off the academic training and education of the students.
- Students still enrolled at bachelor level at the time of application (i.e. 12.12.2016), as well as students who are in the beginning of their diploma program (i.e. program not in line with the Bologna system, comprising bachelor and master level in one program) can only apply for the internship program.
- Students enrolled in a diploma program (i.e. program not in line with the Bologna system, comprising bachelor and master level in one program) who are already in the second part of their studies (4th or 5th year) as well as students enrolled in the last year of a 4-year-Bachelor program, can apply for the trainee or internship program.
Note though that in case of selection, enrollment at the University of Graz will be at bachelor level.
- Graduates having completed the bachelor- or master by the time of application (i.e. 12.12.2016) or students already registered in a master or doctoral program can apply for the trainee or internship program. Graduation date as indicated on the diploma must be between 01.12.2015 and 12.12.2016.
Both program options last a year (September to August):
- Applicants participating in the "Best of South-East” trainee program will be given the possibility of extending their academic knowledge and their language skills in addition to their one-year training in the Steiermärkische Sparkasse Bank or in subsidiaries as well as attending the selected courses. The last month of the trainee program will be completed at one of its locations in South-Eastern Europe. Trainees selected for the program must complete a minimum of 16 ECTS / academic year at the University of Graz.
- Applicants participating in the “Best of South-East” internship program are in the last third of their studies and will be given the opportunity during the one-year stay in Graz of taking courses relevant for completing their studies at their home university. The two-month internship in the summer after the end of the academic year gets the participants strongly involved in the daily business of the Steiermärkische Sparkasse Bank at one of its locations in Styria or at one of its locations in South-Eastern Europe. Internship candidates selected for the program must complete a minimum of 30 ECTS / academic year at the University of Graz.
Interested parties have to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Excellent command of English; good command of German (Trainees B1, Interns A2)
- Native language: Slovenian, Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, Montenegrin or Macedonian
- Studies/degree in economics or law with very good marks
- Age: max. 27 years at the time of application
- Dedication, strong communications skills, flexibility, analytical and practical economic thinking
Chances Through "Best Of South"
Applicants will be selected on the basis of their personal statement, their academic performance and their references. The selection procedure includes both representatives of the Steiermärkische Sparkasse Bank and the University of Graz. In the personal statement, special attention is paid to the applicants‘ focuses of interest as well as their personal motivation for applying to the trainee program or internship.
As a first step the University of Graz will review the documents on a legal and academic basis. Candidates who are eligible for the program after this review will then be invited to a regional preselection. The best applicants of this preselection will then be invited to the final selection meeting in Graz. Before participating at the final selection meeting the applicants are required to send the original application per post.
Discussion and information events as well as special events make sure that the participants are integrated into the economic, cultural and academic life of Styria. In addition, participants can take language courses offered by the University of Graz in order to broaden or improve their language skills.
Dedicated participants, both in the trainee program and the internship, experience with their engagement a close attachment to the Steiermärkische Sparkasse Bank which is further promoted by the in-company mentoring system. “Best of South-East” is complemented by an additional academic training and further education and is thus a stepping stone to an interesting and challenging international career.
Steiermärkische Sparkasse Bank and Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz reserve the right to dismiss candidates prior to the end of the program if they do not adhere to the agreed program guidelines.
Amount Of Grants
The total amount of financial aid per year and participant is a maximum of EUR 10,000 and specifically consists of the following services:
- Provision of accommodation in one of the dormitories in Graz (single rooms)
- EUR 420 spending money per month
- Intensive language course or semester language course at the “Treffpunkt Sprachen” language center of the University of Graz
- Registration at the University of Graz
- Tuition waiver for the University of Graz
- Various networking events throughout the year
Please mail your complete application documents in PDF format (entire application = 1 PDF file) by 12.12.2016 (receiving deadline) to christa.grassauer(at)uni-graz.at
Applying for the program is a two-step process:
- Step 1: Online application
- Step 2: Sending the complete application documents scanned as 1 PDF-file via email to christa.grassauer(at)uni-graz.at by 12.12.2016
To receive the Code for the Online application please contact christa.grassauer(at)uni-graz.at and in your email provide the following information:
- First and last name (according to your passport)
- Name of home university in national language and in English
- Information on studies:
- Students: level of program (Bachelor/Master/Doctorate) and field of study, for which you are currently enrolled at your home university, including the expected date of completion.
- Graduates: last degree completed -> information on level of program (Bachelor/Master) and field of study as well as date of graduation according to diploma
- In case you have already studied at an Austrian university in the past, mention when and at which university and also provide your student ID number (Matrikelnummer)
To get information on Complete Application Documents, Study Plan as well aL letter on Invitation/Supervisionmplease visit the original web page.
For more information please click on "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: