Our study programme Business Administration - focus Renewable Energy is imparting reliable knowledge for responsible and professional acting in a broad field of application.
The selection of teaching material depends on the requirements in the student’s future professional practice. The studies ought to prepare to continually expand their knowledge and to adapt to changing requirements especially in the highly dynamic sector of Renewable Energy.
Our students gain competences within the three groups of knowledge, methods and profile & practice.
You will gain fundamental and interdisciplinary knowledge in Management and Renewable Energy and how to apply for business and entrepreneurship
Fundamental knowledge in Business Administration:
- Financial and Managerial accounting
- Financing and investment
- Human Ressource Management
- Strategic management
Fundamental knowledge in Renewable Energy:
- Solar energy - photovoltaics and solar thermal power, solar heating and cooling
- Wind and water power
- Bioenergy - biomass, biofules and biogas
- Geothemal energy
- Energy storage
Extended interdisciplinary knowledge:
- Environmental and climate protection
- Energy efficiency
- Structural changes in energy economy - international aspects
- Decentralized electricity supply - rural and municipal development, private households
- Integrated smart grid solutions
- Energy law
Individual profile & practice
This means to get ready for the job by
- Trained study projects in Renewable Energy, e.g. solar energy, wind power an bioenergy
- Discussion of best practice solutions
- Intership in leading and innovative companies
- Bachelor thesis
Methods are important for decision making, strategic planning and communication. You will learn
- Applied computer sciences
- Writing and Rhetoric
- Presentation skills
Applicants to our Bachelor programmes should have an international and intercultural orientation.
They need to have either a German Abitur, Fachabitur or an international Baccalaureate Diploma or a corresponding qualification of eligibility as an entrance qualification for university.
The entire programme is held in English. All applicants must prove sufficient linguistic proficiency in order to participate successfully in the programme.
The following proficiency tests are accepted:
- TOEFL 87 ibt
- IELTS (Academic): minimum score of 6.5 (minimum of 6.0 in all skills)
- TOEIC Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150 (all 4 skills required)
- CAE (Grade A, B or C)
- CPE (Grade A, B or C)
- Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A): 59 points
Native speakers, applicants in whose country of origin English is the official language, or applicants with a school leaving certificate/ university degree from an English speaking country or a school leaving certificate with English as the language of instruction (e.g. an IB certificate) can be exempted upon request. Requests for such an exemption should be submitted by e-mail and reasons should be explained in detail. Test results must be no more than 24 months old. All documents will be reviewed.
In addition, verbal skills will be tested in a personal or telephone interview with a lecturer from the English programme.
ORDER ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
You can either directly apply online for the course of studies you have chosen or order additional information by the following form.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: http://www.srh-hochschule-berlin.de/en/study-programmes/business-administration-renewable-energy-bsc/additional-information/