International Literary Translation & Creative Writing Summer School
21 - 27 July 2019
The Summer School brings together writers and translators for an intensive, one-week, residential programme of hands-on translation and creative writing practice.
For most language-specific workshops, groups work on a collaborative translation with the author in residence and workshop leader.
For translators working from any other languages there are two multilingual workshops, one for poetry and one for prose. These are designed for translators working from any language into English.
All workshops are designed to encourage collaboration and peer learning in a small group setting.
During the week, the workshops are complemented by creative writing workshops and plenary sessions.
The 2019 workshops will be:
1) French to English & English to French
2) Italian to English
3) Multilingual Poetry
4) Multilingual Prose with a particular focus on Children's & Young Adult Fiction
5) Spanish to English
6) Plus another language-specific workshop to be confirmed soon
More details of the 2019 workshops will be available in the next few weeks. Applications will open in mid-January 2019.
The 2019 Summer School is kindly supported by Arts Council England, Arts & Humanities Research Council, Literature Translation Institute of Korea, Literary Translators’ Association of Canada/Association des traducteurs et traductrices littéraires du Canada and Pro Helvetia.
There are two packages to choose from:
2019 Residential Package - £700 including all tuition, accommodation for 6 nights on the beautiful UEA campus in a single en-suite room, breakfast, morning and afternoon refreshments, lunch and dinner.
- There will be a mixture of dinners, including buffets, a BBQ and a more formal 3-course meal with wine.
- Wednesday will be a free afternoon and evening where afternoon refreshments and evening dinner are not included.
2019 Non-residential Package - £400 including all tuition, morning and afternoon refreshments and lunch.
- The non-residential package includes opening and closing evening dinners with wine. There will be an option to book onto other evening meals if you would like to attend them.
- Wednesday is a free afternoon and evening where afternoon refreshments are not included.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.