Postdoctoral Scholar — Chinese Studies — Center for Chinese Studies
The application period for 2018-2019 will open in early December and close on Wednesday, January 31, 2018. Please check back for a link to the online application in AP Recruit. Qualifications and documents required remain the same as last year.
The Fellowship is intended to foster the academic careers of recent Ph.D’s and to allow the revision of the dissertation for publication, or for research on a new project. The Postdoctoral Fellow will give a public lecture on their research as part of the Center for Chinese Studies Colloquium Series, and they are expected to take part in regular Center for Chinese Studies events and workshops. The Fellow will be provided with office space, library privileges and a salary that starts at $48,216 but may vary depending on experience, plus benefits.
Applicants must have their Ph.D. or equivalent degree in hand by their start date. At the time of application, the basic minimum qualification is the completion of all degree requirements except the dissertation in Chinese studies or a closely related field.
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Candidates may have no more than four years of post-PhD research experience prior to the appointment start date.
- A certified copy of the Ph.D. certificate is required before the appointment can go into effect.
Applicants should submit the following materials:
- Curriculum vitae with a list of publications
- A research proposal no longer than two pages, double-spaced
- An English-language writing sample (such as a partial dissertation chapter) no longer than 20 pages, double-spaced
- The dissertation table of contents
- Candidates who do not yet hold a Ph.D. but expect to by August 1, 2017, should supply a letter from their home institution confirming their schedule to completion
- Applicants should request two letters of recommendation
Application Deadline and Notification of Award
All application materials, including letters of recommendation, must be submitted through AP Recruit by January 31, 2017. Hardcopy, faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted. Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
All letters of recommendation will be treated as confidential per University of California policy and California state law. Please refer potential referees, including when letters are provided via a third party (i.e., dossier service or career center), to the UC Berkeley statement of confidentiality.
Only complete applications will be considered. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all documentation is complete and that referees submit their letters of recommendation by the closing date. Awards will be announced in late March 2017.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.