Beginner’s Modern Standard Arabic, February 20-March 27, 2017, AUA, Yerevan, Armenia
This course is designed especially for absolute beginners who are interested in learning Arabic. This course will be taught by using a variety of learning techniques and methods which will enable diverse learners to gain the basics of the language authentically.
- It is the 5th most commonly spoken language in the world;
- It is applicable in over 20 countries with 300 million native speakers;
- There is rising demand for Arabic-speaking all around the world.
In this course you will:
- Be introduced to the Arabic alphabet - the shapes, sounds and articulation points;
- Learn how to read and write basic words and sentences;
- Perform basic sentence patterns and expressions about a series of subjects and everyday conversation;
- Gain an understanding of different Arab countries and cultures.
Dates: February 20 – March 27
Schedule: three times a week, 2 hour sessions
Duration: 36 hours
Fee: 50,000 AMD for the entire course
Language of instruction: English/Armenian
About the instructor: Setrag Hovsepian, is a lecturer of Arabic Studies in the Oriental Studies department at Yerevan State University and an English Instructor at AUA Extension. He has several years of experience in translation, editing, and teaching languages. Setrag holds a BA from Damascus University and an MATEFL from American University of Armenia.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.