Axol Science Scholarship 2016
$2000 award for life-science undergrad and graduate students
16/17 Scholarship Summary
Axol Bioscience is excited to offer future life scientists the opportunity to receive $2000 in funding for any life science related degree program.
- Applicants must be enrolled or accepted for a graduate or undergraduate degree (BSc or higher) for the 16/17 academic year at a recognised university
- The degree program / research area must be in a life science field with a 'wet-lab' component (bench-based research such as molecular or cell biology); medicine, veterinary and pharmacy students are not eligible
- Open worldwide
How to apply
Follow these steps to apply:
- Email us at email@example.com with the following documents and information:
- Your resume/CV, including undergraduate transcripts/grades
- Written confirmation from a recognised university of enrolment or acceptance to a life science-related degree program
- An original article of between 1000 and 2000 words written by you on a topical life-science subject, for example “The Future Application of Stem Cell Technologies in Neuroscience Research". See the 'article guidelines' below for more information about what we are looking for.
The submitted article can be based on primary research, however it should not be an already published piece of work (to avoid copyright issues) and it should not be a project proposal. It should be something that would suit a science blog, so an engaging editorial / review-type piece with figures/images is favourable. It should be at least 1000 words long. If it is newsworthy or relating to something currently in the popular press it may appeal to a wider group of people.
We will review all applicants and the winner of the scholarship will be notified via email no later than 29th July 2016
Selection is based 50% on academic achievement and 50% on the article submitted; we are looking for an original piece with scientific interest. The winner’s article may be published on the Axol blog.
One scholarship is available for 2016/17
Privacy and General Terms
- Once the selection process has completed your application information will not be retained
- We will not pass on your information or any of your application to any third parties
- No fee is required for the scholarship application
- There are no restrictions on how this money can be used by the recipient
- The decision from the Axol Scholarship Committee is final
- Proof of identity may be required
- It is the recipients responsibility to inform the appropriate academic office that you have received the award (often outside awards must be disclosed to your admissions office)
- The award will be paid to your institute or department for disbursement to you
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: