The International University Scholarships are highly competitive awards that shall be offered to successful applicants who have achieved at an excellent level in their final years of schooling before applying for tertiary studies for the first time.
The Scholarship shall be available for an applicant who:
- is defined as an overseas student under the terms of the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (dependents of the staff of diplomatic or consular missions are also eligible);
- has not commenced any further education after completing their secondary studies, unless required by the University for the purposes of admission;
- is applying for admission into tertiary study for the first time, unless required by the University for the purposes of admission;
- has achieved at an excellent level in their final years of schooling, demonstrated by excellent results in their secondary studies qualification; and
- has applied, and received an unconditional offer for admission to the Australian National University by the date advertised on the University website.
Any applicant who has completed a Foundation level program is encouraged to contact us directly and bring this to our attention. While we cannot assess bridging programs for the International University Scholarship, we can assess the qualification completed previous to commencing Foundation studies ie: China Gaokao
Academic merit, country of origin and degree program of choice.
Onl;y students receiving a score equivalent to an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) of 99.60 or above will be considered for this scholarship. Consideration will still be given to applicants who complete qualifications where the highest possible score does not convert to an ATAR of 99.6 given that they achieve the best possible results in that qualification.
Below is a brief guide of the minimum senior secondary scores expected for applicants to be seriously considered.
|All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC)
||Minimum 4 A1's
|Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE)
|Indian School Certificate (ISC)
||Average score of 99
|International Baccaulaureate (IB)
||Minimum of 45
|Sijil Tinggi Perskolahan Malaysia (STPM)
|UK GCE A Levels
||Minimum 3 A* and 1 A
|Singapore General Certificate of Education GCE A Levels
||3 A’s in H2 subjects and 2 A’s in H1 subjects
|Canada Ontario Secondary School Diploma
||Grade Average of 98 taken from top 6 U(University prep) and M(College prep) subjects
|United States of America
||Minimum SAT score of 1550 with 2 Advanced placement bonus rank points
Qualifications not listed above will also be considered. Please note that achieving the results listed above does not guarantee an offer of a scholarship. The scholarship is extremely competitve, and only qualifications equivalent to an Australian Year 12 will be considered.
The above scores indicate the minimum requirements for the International University Scholarship only. Academic admission requirements are lower and are assessed against the particular field of study. Further Information on admissions requirements can be found in the International Undergraduate Admissions table
How to apply
Eligible applicants applying for admission directly to the University or through UAC will automatically be considered. Students will not need to submit a separate scholarship application form to be considered for the scholarship.
3 available for Semester 1 - 2 will be available to students applying from off-shore and one will be available to students applying from on-shore 2 available for Semester 2
In order to be considered for a scholarship, students will need to have received an unconditional letter of offer by:
| ||Off-Shore Applicants||On-Shore Applicants|
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: