Catherine McAuley Scholarship
This is an endowed scholarship established in 2006 by the Sisters of Mercy in Queensland to honour Sister Catherine McAuley, founder of the Sisters of Mercy, and in recognition of the predecessor college McAuley College.
The scholarship is valued at $2,500, to be paid per annum for the duration of your course.
There are two scholarships available.
- Citizenship: domestic and international students
- Faculty: Health Sciences, Education and Arts or Law and Business
- Course: Any ACU undergraduate degree (except Theology)
- Campus: Brisbane
- Year level: First year
Apply online and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 100 words outlining;
- Why have you chosen to undertake your degree?
- What do you hope to achieve with it in the future?
- Evidence of the applicant's involvement and/or leadership in community service through activities designed to create a more just, merciful and sustainable world.
- Two written references which address the above criteria.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement.
- Evidence of contribution to community service.
- Written references.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are socially and economically disadvantaged, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and students from rural and regional areas.
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and a recipient selected by the donor.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor each year, explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: