Beginner’s French, 11 September, 2017-18 January, 2018, AUA, Yerevan, Armenia
Class description: This introductory course is designed for students to gain sufficient proficiency in French to cope with simple everyday situations, routine social conversations and be able to carry on basic conversation at work. The course consists of seven modules of five lessons each. Students are introduced to the characteristics of French language, grammar, alphabet, and pronunciation. During each class, students will acquire grammatical and phonetic knowledge, learn new vocabulary, speak, write and listen at the beginners’ level. This course ensures A1 level of knowledge and opportunity to pass (DELF) A1 test. Aside from the main textbook, songs, poems, proverbs, grammar games, audiovisual materials about France, its customs, holidays, traditions and people will be used, to make the learning process more enjoyable and meeting the educational needs of students.
Start date: September 11, 2017
End date: January 18, 2018
Schedule: Tuesdays and Fridays, 18:30-20:30
Fee: AMD 60,000 for the entire course
About the trainer: Gyulen Sahakyan, has over thirty-five years of experience in teaching French Language. She has been teaching at AUA Extension since 1996. Ms. Sahakyan has participated in a number of seminars targeting innovative techniques of teaching as well as has presented and shared best practices “Noveau Sans Frontiere” international program teaching principles during “Week of Francofone” in Lebanon, Beirut. Her previous work experience includes teaching French language at school as well as at “GIIA-Groupement Interprofessionnel International Armenian” Organization. Gyulen Sahakyan has developed and used novel techniques in vocabulary and grammar introduction. She has pursued her degree from the Faculty of Philology of Yerevan State University.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.