Dr. Goh Keng Swee Scholarship
The Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship is a private sector scholarship administered by the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS).
Each year, 3 to 4 scholarships are awarded to outstanding individuals from 15 Asia Pacific economies (Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos and Myanmar) to pursue undergraduate studies at local universities in Singapore i.e. National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Management University (SMU) and Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
The Dr GKS Scholarship Fund was set up by the financial community in Singapore in honour of the former Deputy Prime Minister, who fostered Singapore's economic development and growth as a reputable international financial centre.
The Dr GKS Scholarship is open to students who are citizens/passport holders of Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos and Myanmar. Singapore citizens and PRs are not eligible to apply for the Dr GKS Scholarship.
- Concurrently apply for admission to NUS, NTU, SMU or SUTD. Most courses (except for specialised courses like Medicine) will be considered. Applicants should adhere to the university's admission deadlines and guidelines;
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and possess good academic and co-curricular activities (CCA) achievements;
- Have sat for, or made private arrangements to sit for the SAT;
Duration and Terms of Awards
The scholarship supports a maximum of 4 years of undergraduate study (including Honours). It provides the following:
- Tuition and other compulsory fees;
- Airfare (to Singapore and return to home country upon completion of study);
- Annual maintenance allowance of SGD6500;
- Hostel allowance based on institution of study; and
- Settling-in allowance (one-off expense) of SGD200 upon arrival in Singapore.
The scholarship award will be reviewed annually and is subjected to satisfactory performance and academic results.
Successful candidates will be required to work for 3 years upon the completion of their studies in either:
- An approved company in Singapore; or
- An approved Singapore-based company in their home country
The deployment of scholarship holders to serve their bonds will be determined by the Dr GKS Scholarship Fund.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: