The Arnold Heidsieck Scholarship Fund will award 4 – 5 scholarships in the U.S. to aid with travel and living costs.
The Fund will offer a monthly grant of up to USD 550 for a maximum stay of 10 months, plus a travel allowance of up to USD 1,100. The Arnold Heidsieck Scholarships can be combined with other sources of funding. If the applicant is the recipient of another scholarship aside from the ZEIT-Stiftung, this information must be included in the application.
Eligible scholarship applicants must:
- a) Be German or foreign students who are currently enrolled at a German university.
- b) Be BA-students in the humanities with a focus on German culture, language, history, music, or art in their studies.
- c) Be working on their bachelor degree currently, or travel to the U.S. in the school year immediately after they have completed their bachelor’s degree.
- d) Be accepted to a one-year-study at a U.S. university. Shorter stays may be supported by the Fund, but they will be assessed through a separate, case-by-case process.
The final date for scholarship application is 31 March 2017 for scholarships beginning in August/September 2017.
The application must be submitted in English on the appropriate form provided by the ZEITStiftung before the deadline. It must contain:
• A completed application form
• Curriculum Vitae
• Copy of High School Diploma (Abiturzeugnis)
• Transcript of Records (Leistungsübersicht aus dem BA-Studium)
• Essay explaining your motivations and why you should be considered for a scholarship (max. 2 pages)
• One letter of recommendation from a university professor sent directly from the author (in English or German)
Award recipients will be announced by the beginning of May, 2017.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: