The WJP Anthony Lewis Prize for Exceptional Rule of Law Journalism acknowledges journalists from around the world who have contributed to increased awareness and understanding of the foundational importance of the rule of law.
Journalists from around the world may be nominated for excellence in rule of law reporting beginning April 13, 2017, and ending at May 28, 2017 (11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time). After nominations are reviewed and refined by a WJP Anthony Lewis Prize staff committee, consulting widely, an official judging panel will review and select the winning journalist. The winner of the WJP 2017 Anthony Lewis Prize for Exceptional Rule of Law Journalism will be announced in July of 2017. The winner will receive $10,000 USD.
- The prize will be awarded to a currently working journalist (or a team of journalists working on an in-depth series) who has demonstrated excellence in rule of law reporting.
- The journalist’s work (as demonstrated through key examples of their writing) will be judged on how effectively they have contributed to increased awareness and understanding of the foundational importance of the rule of law.
- Nominees can be from any country in the world, but entries must be in English or have been translated into English.
- Anyone can nominate a journalist, including self-nominations/applications.
To nominate a journalist, please send an email with the following information:
- Name of journalist
- Contact information, if known
- Key examples of work, including recent work (send working links or attach PDF). Please include English translations if the writing is not originally in English.
- Reason you believe this journalist’s writing has demonstrated excellence in rule of law reporting and has directly contributed to increased awareness and understanding of the foundational importance of the rule of law.
- Your name
- Your email address
Email nominations or questions to: email@example.com. Please include “Anthony Lewis Prize” in the subject line.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: