Project-based engagement under the supervision of the Applications & Data unit, ICTS
Duration: 5 months (with possible extension)
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
To implement AUA Data Center to gather data from the student information system and, based on the progress, from other administrative systems, including the following:
· Providing services as key SQL developer for the AUA Data Center project, implementing, documenting, passing user acceptance test.
· Collaborating closely with the Applications & Data unit to create institution-wide data center for business intelligence/analytics needs.
· Designing and developing T-SQL code to integrate administrative and academic data.
· Reconciling data inconsistencies and ensure data integrity.
· Manipulating data to meet business requirements.
· Collaborating with units independently and in working group settings to gather operational and strategic data needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Mathematics. Master’s degree is a plus;
• Intermediate to advanced SQL skills;
• Proficiency in MS SQL Server
o Experience in MS SQL security/roles/access/schemas,
o 3 or more years of database design, T-SQL code development, and data management,
o Proficiency in developing dynamic SQL,
• Proven ability to independently perform database development, testing, implementation and documentation;
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical issues and resolve problems;
• Excellent written and spoken English;
• Extreme attention to details;
• Excellent analytic and problem solving capabilities;
• Experience documenting and analyzing processes, procedures, and/or policies;
• Strong ethics and integrity;
• Prior experience with extract, transformation and load (ETL) tools is a plus;
• Prior experience with C# is a plus;
• Prior experience with EDI is a plus.
How to apply: Please submit a brief cover letter and CV by pressing APPLY ONLINE bellow this announcement.
Applicants are requested to submit a CV via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:45pm, January 12, 2018, indicating in the “Subject” line the position they are applying for.
Only short listed applicants will be notified and invited for interview after being tested.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program