Using Data to Improve Student Outcomes
Find out how to use data science to deliver better outcomes for your students. Join this free online course from AACTE.
Why join the course?
This free online course will help you to use data science to deliver better outcomes for your students.
Each week will focus on a different aspect of data. You will identify sources and interpret them, determine their implications and establish actions for improvement.
What topics will you cover?
Week 1 – Improvement Science
- Identifying different sources and types of data
- Ways to improve student outcomes
- Improvement processes in your own context and professional experience
- Real-world examples of improving student outcomes
Week 2 – Findings
- How to present and evaluate data effectively
- The difference between data and findings
- The role of ethics in data handling and sharing
- The relationship required between data, findings and actions, to achieve continuous improvement
Week 3 – Actions
- Different indicators for measuring improvement
- How to collect sample data and select the appropriate indicator
- How to present indicators and actions to students
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for professional educators, as well as those working in other professional services like health, who wish to use data science to improve outcomes.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.