Postdoctoral fellowship (fixed-term contract) – Archive Archaeology: Preserving and Sharing Palmyra’s Cultural Heritage through Harald Ingholt’s Digital Archives
Place of employment: Nobelparken, Jens Chr. Skous Vej, 8000 Aarhus C. As the project is affiliated with UrbNet at AU Campus Moesgård, the successful applicant is also expected to spend some time in Højbjerg.
The successful applicant is expected to take on a key role in researching and publishing Harald Ingholt’s digital archive, which consists of documentation images and notes on objects. The successful applicant will work within an already established and expanding team comprising a project director, postdoc researchers, research assistants and student helpers. We expect the successful applicant to integrate actively into this existing framework. Tasks include:
- Taking a lead role in digitising the archive
- Publishing research emerging from the project
- Assisting the project director in supervising research assistants and student helpers
- Facilitating processes in connection with funding applications
- Reporting to funding agencies
Applicants are expected to have the following qualifications:
- A PhD in classical archaeology or a related discipline (this is a minimum requirement)
- Language skills: English (spoken and written), German (reading), French (reading), Italian (reading), Latin, Ancient Greek, Semitic languages (at least ancient Aramaic), and skills within the field of ancient historical sources.
- Historiographical competences and the ability to work critically with ancient historical sources
- The ability to manage joint and collaborate research
- A methodological and structured approach to work
- Good organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility and the ability to prioritise
- Good time-management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal and collaborative skills
The application must be uploaded in English.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.