We invite applications for 6 Doctoral Scholarships with a maximum duration of 3 years, beginning January 1st, 2017
The Institute for Employment Research (IAB) and the School of Business and Economics of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg have set up a joint doctoral programme in labour market research.
The course programme promotes theoretical and empirical methods at an advanced level. Additionally, applicants are granted access to the excellent data resources (administrative and survey data) of the IAB on employment and social security.
Doctoral students benefit from the professional research environment that enables them to apply their knowledge in academic and applied empirical research.
We address outstanding graduates from economics, sociology or other social sciences who hold a master degree or diploma. Applicants are expected to submit a proposal addressing empirical and theoretical research questions in the field of labour market research or the development of the required statistical-econometric methods.
The courses are held in English.
- Scholarships will be announced via the Internet and via further appropriate media.
- All applications will be submitted to a selection commission composed equally of representatives of IAB and of the School of Business and Economics of the University Erlangen-Nuremberg.
- The selection commission will then decide which applicants are to be invited to attend a personal interview.
- The applicant will present him/herself to the selection commission. This will consist of a short presentation of the project, followed by a discussion.
- Selection of applicants to be offered a scholarship in accordance with their written documents and personal presentation.
Periods of application
The closing date for applying for new scholarships (granted as of 1 January 2017) is October 14, 2016.
- Closing date for applications: 14 October 2016
- Interviews: November 2016
- Scholarship offers: November/December 2016
- Commencement of the programme: 1 January 2017