The Meta Research PhD Fellowship is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
The program is open to students in any year of their PhD study. We also encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, especially those from traditionally under-represented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
Winners of the Fellowship are entitled to receive two years of paid tuition and fees, a $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs, a paid visit to Meta headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit, and various opportunities to engage with Meta researchers.
August 3, 2022
Fellowship Award Includes
- Tuition and fees paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- A $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs
- Paid visit to Meta headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
- Applicants must be full-time PhD students who are enrolled in an accredited university (in any country) by the start of the Fellowship (i.e., Fall 2022)
- Students must be involved in ongoing research related to one or more relevant disciplines (see available fellowships below)
- Students must remain enrolled full-time for the duration of the Fellowship to receive program benefits
- Students should not apply for Meta Fellowships if they are actively being funded by Meta through some other sponsorship or collaboration and/or if they are actively being supervised (or co-supervised) by a Meta researcher. If in doubt, please email email@example.com.
Applications Must Include
- 500-word research summary that clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Meta of the anticipated research during the award (reference the available fellowships below)
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic advisor. You will be asked to provide your references’ contact information, and they will receive a corresponding form to submit their letters.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.