Immerse yourself in this Fashion Design summer course for 2 weeks (10 days) on campus and follow an easy, step-by-step supervised project on how to create a fashion portfolio you can use as a ticket to apply for a BA (Hons) Fashion Design. You can decide if attending this course online or on-campus in Amsterdam.
After 2 weeks you will have the know-how and insight on how to tackle a fashion design project. You will also have a portfolio comprising of a mini-collection designed for a modern consumer including fabric, color, and design detail ideas. There is also the option of a follow-up pattern cutting course for an extra week.
If your final portfolio will be evaluated as exceptional, then we will offer you a place in our Foundation Diploma or BA (Hons) Fashion Design to start in September 2023, by-passing the full admission process.
You can also add an extra week in Sustainable Pattern Cutting or two extra weeks in Sustainable Pattern Cutting and Construction. For more information on the Sustainable Pattern Cutting & Construction summer course, scroll down to the bottom of this page.
Level: Certificate of Completion
Duration: 2 weeks (10 days);
When: Monday to Friday, from 9:30am to 5:00pm
Language: English only
Tuition fee: € 2.000 for 2 weeks
Application fee*: € 50
Admission: open for admission
Maximum number of students: 15
- Add 1 extra week of Sustainable Pattern Cutting (July 18th to July 22nd) for a total of € 2.500 (3 weeks in total);
- Add 2 extra weeks of Sustainable Pattern Cutting and Construction (July 18th to July 29th) for a total € 3.000 (4 weeks in total)
This course is perfect for you if:
- you are at least 16 years old;
- you want to understand if studying Fashion Design fits you;
- you have never worked on a fashion design project;
- you want to build your fashion portfolio for university application;
- you want to improve your fashion portfolio at a professional and university level;
- you want to experience the Amsterdam Fashion Academy before applying to the BA (Hons) Fashion Design or Foundation Diploma in Fashion.
To apply to this course, you only need to fill out the application form and pay the application fee.
In the application form, you need to upload a letter of motivations (personal statement), digital copy of your passport, proof of payment of the application fee.
*Application fee is due at the moment of registration and it is not refundable.