SINGAPORE ACADEMIES ASEAN FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME
The ASEAN Fellowship Programme aims to attract bright postgraduate researchers from ASEAN countries to Singapore research institutions for a 2-year long fellowship. The programme is administered by three academies in Singapore - the Singapore National Academy of Science (SNAS), together with the Academy of Medicine Singapore (AMS), and the Academy of Engineering Singapore (AES) - and funded by the National Research Foundation (NRF). It involves the participating host institutions, including Singapore universities and research institutions such as A*STAR, and candidates aligning to agreed fields of research (science, medicine, engineering, and computer science).
- A monthly stipend ranging from S$ 4,000 to 6,500. The exact figure will depend on the experience and performance of the Fellow.
- An additional S$ 4,000 will be provided for overseas travel over the 2-year long fellowship period.
- Access to professional development opportunities (events, seminars and training programmes).
- Opportunities to learn more about Singapore and to foster stronger ties and partnership between ASEAN fellows and Singapore.
- Citizenship: Applicants must be citizens of an ASEAN country (not including Singapore).
- Degree: Applicants must have a PhD Degree from a reputable institution.
- Age limit: Applicants should not be more than 40 years-old at the time of application.
- Language: Applicants must be fluent in written and oral English.
*We encourage diversity and welcome all eligible applicants, regardless of gender, culture, ethnicity, religion or any other demographics.
Documents Required for Application
- Application Form
- Research Proposal (no longer than 2 pages) developed in consultation with the host professor(s) / PI(s) at the Singapore University.
- Host professor / PI’s in-principle approval with his/her official email ID.
- Certified copies of diplomas and transcripts.
- Two recommendation letters from referees (e.g. current / past supervisors, collaborators etc.) stating your suitability for this fellowship. The letters should be submitted directly by your referee.
- Applicant’s training, aptitude and experience: Academic qualifications, performance, relevant experience, aptitude to benefit from the fellowship program and the ability to add value after his / her return home.
- Relevance and Quality of the Research Proposal: The proposal must be well-designed, innovative and the stipulated outputs must be achievable during the fellowship tenure.
- Personal Qualities: The applicant should continue to practice science after completion of this fellowship and contribute to scientific advancements through various means, including formal education, science promotion / application or policy-making, for a better and stronger ASEAN nation. He or she must be someone who values ASEAN collaboration and will strive to foster strong bonds between academic bodies in the region.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.