MURRAY STUDENTSHIP IN EUROPEAN ART OR ARCHITECTURE OF THE MIDDLE AGES AND RENAISSANCE
Outstanding candidates for part-time postgraduate research in the field of European Art or Architecture of the Middle Ages and Renaissance are invited to apply for The Murray Research Studentship.
This PhD studentship, based in the Department of History of Art in the School of Arts at Birkbeck and supported by the Murray Bequest, covers part-time home fees and offers a bursary of £5,000 per annum for a period of five years.
Please note: this studentship is not available to full-time/overseas students.
ABOUT THE MURRAY BEQUEST
Peter Murray was Professor of History of Art at Birkbeck from 1967 to 1980. On his death in 1992, his widow, Linda Murray, established a bequest which supports a range of activities in the Department of History of Art.
ADVICE FOR APPLICANTS
- Qualification type: MPhil/PhD
- Length: Up to a maximum of seven years part-time study (funding for up to a maximum of five years)
- Location: London
- Funding: For Home applicants and current Home fee paying part-time students in year 1 or 2
- Murray fee waiver: Home part-time fee waiver (for 2021/22 this is £2,388) and bursary of £5,000 for five years. Please note: the award for current students will be reduced by number of years already studied.
- Hours: Part time only
- The Department of History of Art has a number of members of staff who work in the field covered by the studentship, and are potential supervisors for the successful applicant. These include:
- Dr Robert Maniura
- Dr Dorigen Caldwell
- Dr Zoë Opačić
- Applications are welcomed from:
- part-time Home applicants to the History of Art MPhil/PhD programme
- part-time History of Arts students currently in the first or second year of study
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.