University of Jyväskylä, Finland, invites applications to the JYU Visiting Fellow Programme.
The aim of the JYU Visiting Fellow Programme is to strengthen University’s global engagement and strategic collaboration with international partners. The main emphasis of the programme is in research collaboration but the Visiting Fellows are also invited to participate in and contribute to the development of teaching and learning at JYU.
The thematic emphasis of the JYU Visiting Fellows Programme is on the strategic core research areas of the University:
- Basic natural phenomena and mathematical thinking,
- Information technology and the human in the knowledge society,
- Language, culture and society,
- Learning, Teaching and interaction,
- Physical activity, health and wellbeing,
- Sustainable business and economics.
The JYU Visiting Fellow Programme is intended for post doc researchers, associate professors and full professors with demonstrated high-level research experience in their areas of expertise. Applicants should have an excellent track record of conducting and publishing scientific research and establishing international networks.
Applicants are expected to be in contact with researchers at one of the faculties or departments at the University of Jyväskylä prior to submitting an application in order to discuss possible collaboration and to specify joint research themes. An invitation from the prospective host is required for the application.
The collaboration may by e.g.
- Research in the context of a joint project including preparing research articles and papers
- Research at a laboratory or out on the field or utilizing research data of the hosts at JYU
- Research-based education development and teaching and thesis supervision of doctoral students
- Preparation of future research plans and funding applications
The JYU Visiting Fellows are expected to be able to work fully in English.
Applications will be evaluated according to selection criteria that examines:
- The scientific quality of the applicant and their research plan
- The research plan’s connection to the strategic core research areas of JYU and the research interests of the prospective host department or faculty
- Interdisciplinarity, versatile methodological expertise, experience in teaching and research supervision.
What the JYU Visiting Fellow Programme offers
Short-term visitors for up to three months are paid a tax-free grant, the amount of which depends on the career stage of the Visiting Fellow:
- 3.000 euros/month for Post Doctoral Researchers
- 4.500 euros/month for Associate Professors
- 5.500 euros/month for Professors
The grant is intended to also cover travel expenses to and from Jyväskylä and accommodation expenses (in the University’s guest apartments or in an apartment from the open housing market). Thus, travel and accommodation costs are not reimbursed separately.
Maximum grant period is 3 months, between 1 August 2021 and 31 December 2021.
As a Visiting Fellow you will be part of our international and multidisciplinary University community focusing on high-level teaching, learning, research and innovation.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.