The Governing Body of Emmanuel College invites applications for three stipendiary Research Fellowships in any subject; all three Fellowships are for a three-year fixed term, and will commence on 1st October, 2021.
Applications must be received by 5.00pm on Friday 2nd October 2020. Referees' references must be received by 5.00pm on Friday 9th October 2020. Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted. Please make sure that your application and your references reach us before the respective closing dates.
- Application for a Research Fellowship is open in any subject.
- Applications will be accepted from any graduate of a university within or outside the United Kingdom. Eligibility is restricted to those for whom the Research Fellowship would be their first substantial, paid academic or research appointment (other than as a doctoral student). Candidates holding a fellowship or other post-doctoral stipend at the University of Cambridge awarded by a Research Council or other similar body may apply.
- These Fellowships are intended for outstanding researchers early in their careers: successful candidates are likely to be in the latter stages of their research leading to a PhD degree, or post-doctoral researchers who have been awarded their PhD degree after 1st October 2019. Candidates should note that these Fellowships are extremely competitive.
- Please view the Eligibility Requirements for further details.
- Statements of research are required and should be not more than 1,000 words, outlining the work candidates will submit in support of their applications and the research they propose to pursue if elected. Please note that the statement will be read by people outside as well as inside the candidate's own discipline and should therefore be intelligible to scholars in other fields of learning.
- Candidates must provide details for two referees who have agreed to submit a reference through the website by 5.00pm on Friday 9th October 2020. The referees should be familiar with the work to be submitted and one should normally be your PhD or current supervisor. Please ensure you give plenty of notice to your chosen referees for submitting their references before the closing date.
- The application must be submitted online by 5.00pm on Friday 2nd October 2020.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.