The Power Academy Scholarship
The Power Academy offers scholarships (each worth approximately £22k) to students interested mainly in electrical power engineering. Queen's is one of only 8 UK universities in the Power Academy, comprising the leading universities offering electrical power engineering as part of the degree. There are 61 Scholarships available each year across the 7 member universities ie. an average of 9 Scholarships per university!
These scholarships provide you with financial support during your studies as well as paid professional experience during a one-year placement with the company and during summer vacations.
You can apply for a Power Academy scholarship if you:
- Have an offer to study an MEng or BEng in Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Queens University, Belfast or are already studying on one of these courses or thinking of switching.
- Qualify for the home/EU tuition fees (scholarships are not available to students who pay tuition fees at the international level).
- Do not hold sponsorship with any other organisation
The Sensata Electronics Scholarship
The Sensata Electronics Scholarship (at Queen's University) worth up to £25,000, supports at least one student per year. The scholarship offers support as follows:
- £1,000 per year for each academic year, excluding placement year, of the course
- An annual 'book' allowance of £220, excluding placement year
- Twelve weeks paid summer work
- Paid industrial placement in year three (for BEng) and year four (for MEng)
- Continued mentoring support throughout degree
How to apply:
You may apply for this Scholarship on commencing any of the courses below at Queen's. Subject to satisfactory exam results aligning with a degree classification of 2:1 or above and performance in class.
- MEng Software and Electronic Systems Engineering
- BEng Software and Electronic Systems Engineering
The Civica Scholarship
The Civica Scholarship Programme, supported by Queen's University Belfast and Ulster University, aims to attract and support fresh talent into the IT sector. The scheme will give several successful students a scholarship package worth up to £25,000.
The Civica Scholarship Programme supplements students’ academic learning in University with real-life business experience, through working with ICT Professionals who are happy to share their knowledge and experience with scholarship students. In addition to a paid bursary, students benefit from industrial experience within Civica’s Belfast Office from the end of their first year onwards with paid summer and year out placements being a guaranteed part of the programme.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.