IGF Youth Ambassadors Program
About the Program
Since 2019, the Internet Society has combined the IGF Ambassadors and Youth@IGF into a single program called IGF Youth Ambassadors.
Based on the great success of last year’s program (meet our amazing 2019 IGF Youth Ambassadors!), we keep offering this program in 2020 and continue to empower young adults from all around the world by:
- Building their capacity through training
- Fostering a new cadre of young Internet leaders who are motivated to learn, engage, and act within their region and beyond
- Partnering with organizations to broaden the depth and breadth of the program
- Reinforcing the importance of multi-disciplinary leaders in fostering the sustainability, robustness, security, stability and development of the Internet
- Promoting youth citizenship, diplomacy, volunteerism and community service as key aspects of next generation leadership
- Broadening their experience and enabling their participation in public policy debates
- Providing them with opportunities to participate in the global Internet ecosystem and to interact and engage with the broader Internet Governance community
- Increasing their visibility and preparing them to deliver more meaningful impacts at the local, regional and global levels
- Mobilizing youth beyond Internet Governance specific topics
The selection process is conducted in three phases:
1. Online Applications
The first phase of the selection process is based on Online Applications.
All applicants must be:
- Internet Society Members (if you are not a member yet, please, join us!)
- Between 18-30 at the date of the IGF
- Able to present a strong motivation for Internet Governance
- Able to demonstrate interest and expertise in issues on the IGF agenda
- Comfortable with public speaking and communicating positions
- Able to demonstrate interest and experience in key Internet governance related issues
- Capable of appropriately representing the Internet Society and its views and policies as an Ambassador during the IGF
- Capable of continuing to work with the Internet Society locally after the IGF
- Fluent in English
- Able to spend a minimum of 6 hours each week during the eLearning Phase
- Ready to take part in the meetings and webinars
- Not been selected as Internet Society’s IGF Ambassador, Youth@IGF Fellow, or IGF Youth Ambassador before.
The selection committee, composed of Internet Society staff and Chapter/SIG Leaders, also attempts to achieve professional, geographical, and gender diversity in the overall selections.
2. Online Internet Governance Course
The applicants selected in phase 1 (up to 150 individuals) will take an online course on Internet Governance.
All participants will be grouped into classes, each with a dedicated expert moderator to facilitate the learning process. The top ones (up to 50) will proceed to the next phase.
3. Paper Writing
The top performers during the online course phase will be required to write a paper on an existing or emerging area in Internet Governance, leveraging the learnings from the course and Internet Society’s 2020 projects. The individuals who submit the best papers will be selected as IGF Youth Ambassadors.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: