National Poetry Competition
The 2020 National Poetry Competition is one of the world’s most prestigous prizes for an unpublished poem of up to 40 lines, open to anyone 18 or over.
First Prize: £5000
Second Prize: £2000
Third Prize: £1000
Deadline: 31 October 2020
Neil Astley • Jonathan Edwards
• Karen McCarthy Woolf
- The competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over at the time of entering. International entries are welcome.
- The closing date of the competition is midnight (UK time), 31 October 2020.
- There is no limit on the number of entries a single entrant can make. All entries will be considered anonymously by the judges.
- Entries will not be returned, so please keep a copy.
- Under no circumstances can alterations be made to poems once entered.
- Online entries made via the website will receive automatic confirmation at the time of submission.
- Telephone or email confirmation of receipt is not available. Poetry Society staff are unable to confirm the content of documents submitted online, so please ensure you send the correct version.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to change the judging panel without notice and not to award prizes if, in the judges’ opinion, such an action is justified.
- The judges read all the entries; their decision is final. Neither the judges nor Poetry Society staff will enter into any correspondence.
- No current employee or Trustee of The Poetry Society is eligible to enter the National Poetry Competition.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.