MAXQDA Research Grants
Supporting students conducting fieldwork for
sustainability and sustainable development research projects
MAXQDA Research Grants is a VERBI Software initiative that seeks to support researchers, research projects, and networks for research collaboration. As a part of this initiative, the #ResearchforChange Grant was created to offer financial support and methodological training to student-researchers whose fieldwork aims to study, bring awareness to, and contribute to empowerment initiatives. Aligned with one of VERBI Software’s core company values, this semester’s grant theme is sustainability and sustainable development.
Aligned with this semester’s theme, VERBI Software is very happy to announce that we will be partnering with the Global Nature Fund (GNF) for this semester’s grant!
The Global Nature Fund is is a non-profit, private, independent international foundation that works to support the protection of environment and nature. The GNF’s mission is to foster the protection of nature and environment. To do so, the GNF focuses on initiating and carrying out environmental protection projects for animals and their habitats/migratory routes; developing model projects for the promotion of sustainable economy; publishing articles and organizing events dealing with the protection of nature and environment; and promoting international conventions on species protection. The 4th 2020 #ResearchforChange Grant will be awarded to support GNF’s important sustainability and sustainable development projects.
- The applicant must currently be an undergraduate, postgraduate, or Ph.D. student/candidate enrolled at a higher learning institution (college, university, trade school, etc.).
- The applicant must be conducting, or be about to conduct, qualitative or mixed methods fieldwork focused on sustainability and/or sustainable development.
- The fieldwork will begin by September 30th, 2020 at the latest.
- The applicant will be using MAXQDA to analyze their research data.
- VERBI Software GmbH employees, Professional MAXQDA Trainers, and previous MAXQDA Research Grant recipients are not eligible to apply.
No previous MAXQDA experience is necessary.
Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please note: Any applications submitted after May 27th, 2020 will not be accepted!
Recipient selection criteria used by the selection committee:
- The relevance and applicability of „Research for Change“ described in the letter of motivation.
- Originality and creativity of the research proposal.
- A well-defined research question.
- Description of the research methods in the field and analysis methodology using MAXQDA.
- Content of the letter(s) of recommendation submitted.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.