NPU President Scholarship Program
In order to recruit outstanding international students to study at Northwestern Polytechnical University. NPU set ups NPU President Scholarship. The scholarships are of great importance in stimulating the international students’ spirit of knowledge innovation and potentials in various aspects as well as promoting cultural exchanges between China and other foreign countries.
Eligibility of Applicants
1.Undergraduate Scholarship Application Conditions
1) Applicants should comply with Chinese laws and regulations, respect Chinese customs and habits and abide by the regulations and disciplines of the NPU.
2) Foreign citizens, in good physical and mental health;
P.S. Applicants must hold the valid passport or valid certificate for at least 4 years and have the two-year record of residence in their country in recent 4 years.
3) Aged between 18 and 30 years old (by September 1, 2020);
For the applicants under 18, please bring the relevant supporting documents (Notarized Certificate of guardian in China) to the official registration.
4) Applicants should have good academic marks(see the table below for details)
5)Certificate of English or Chinese Proficiency Level (depends on the language medium):HSK,TOFEL,IELTS,or GRE,etc.
3.0 or above (out of 4.0);
3.75 or above (out of 5.0);
75 or above (out of 100).
1. A scanned clear copy of valid passport.
2. Notarized highest diploma (in Chinese/English or notarized in Chinese/English )
3. Academic transcripts (in Chinese/English or notarized in Chinese/English )
4. The applicant’s study plan in China (in Chinese or English)
5. Certificate of Chinese/English proficiency:
For undergraduate applicants:
a) Chinese Requirement: HSK level 4 (above 200 points) and HSKK (above intermediate)
b) English Requirement: IELTS≥5.5,TOFEL≥75; SAT≥1150,PTE≥Academic 55,Cambridge English Advanced level English subject B or above.
For postgraduate applicants:
a) Chinese Requirement: ≥HSK level4 (above 200 points) and HSKK (Intermediate);
b) English Requirement: IELTS≥5.5; TOFEL≥75; GRE≥310+3.5; PTE≥Academic55; Cambridge international Advanced level (English subject)
Applicants who meet one of the following conditions below don’t require language certificate:
a) Native English speaker or native Chinese speaker;
b) Applicants who have completed high school study in Native English-speaking country.
6. Non-criminal record (within 5 months).
7. A copy of physical examination form.
8. For undergraduate applicants:
Applicants under the age of 18 are required to provide:
a) Guardian’s authorization letter (scanned copies of both original and notarized documents);
b) Scanned copy of the guardian’s ID card.
9. For postgraduate applicants:
a) Two letters of recommendation in Chinese / English by Professors or associate Professors;
b) The acceptance letter from the Supervisor;
c) Notarized copies of research achievements.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.