Mountain Photo Essay Competition
The 2020 Mountain Photo Essay Competition is now open and accepting entries. Please read through the rules and regulations and complete an online entry.
- Each essay submitted is to consist of three (3) to five (5) images.
- We suggest photographers include only those images required to tell their story - unnecessary images may reduce the overall impact of submissions.
- Please include a short description of the photo essay.
- ENTRY DEADLINE: Monday, May 4, 2020.
- $2000 CAD Grand prize and an opportunity to attend the 2020 Banff Centre Mountain Film and Book Festival
Submissions will be accepted in the form of photographic essays only.
Images can depict any mountain story consisting of culture, adventure, wildlife, sport, environment or natural history.
The competition is open to amateur and professional photographers.
Only digital image files will be accepted.
You must be the author and sole owner of the copyright for all images you enter.
Images must have been taken within the last two year (2018 – 2020).
Each photographic essay of up to five (5) images constitutes one entry.
Entries will be judged on the basis of effectiveness in conveying the mountain story through composition, technique, content, and originality of well-edited images. We suggest you include only those images required to tell your story – unnecessary images may reduce the overall impact of your submission.
- All entries will be viewed by a selection committee chaired by the Festival Director
- Finalists chosen by this committee will be viewed by an international jury
- The Grand Prize winner will be announced in June 2020
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.