Samsung The Wall x Niio Art Awards 2020
Join us for a celebration of the visual arts on a global scale. In partnership with Samsung, Niio invites moving image artists from around the world to submit exquisite artworks to power the global unveiling of Samsung The Wall (4K visual display, 3.23m x 1.81m) around the world. Art-world professionals will review all entries and shortlist the most striking and original pieces that tell a story and ignite emotion.
The winning artwork will be seen by a wide audience while on display in select high-profile The Wall Global Destinations. Select finalists may also secure a coveted place in a first-of-its-kind exclusive Samsung x The Wall Niio catalog. These selected works will be installed in a year-long rotating international exhibition powered by Samsung & Niio.
The competition includes cash prizes of $15,000.
Shortlisted finalists will secure a prized opportunity to elevate their notoriety and showcase their work to a wide audience.
Open Call Submissions
We invite established and emerging artists, including recent art graduates and students (BA & MA) from around the world to submit artworks that support creativity at its most diverse.
- Artwork should convey a positive message and be able to create a WOW visual experience on a 146-inch screen. Believing that true detail comes to life through true colors, we welcome the artworks with futuristic ideas, realistic and accurate details in high contrast and color vividness. The Wall’s inherent color qualities with superior color purity produce vibrant and natural colors for true-to-life imagery, bringing details to life like never before.
- Audio in your artwork is highly recommended. We look forward to audio visual artworks that resonate to bring out a sensory experience.
- Positive tone music is recommended.
- Please avoid pastel tones and out-focus scenes.
- As these works are reaching a wide audience please refrain from explicit sexual content, harsh language, extreme violence or political messages.
- No brands, ads or cigarette packages.
- Artworks are to be submitted only through the Niio platform.
- Applicants can submit up to 5 artworks.
- Each work must be a video / animation, up to 15 minutes in length.
- Format: Apple ProRES or Mpeg H.264/H.265 (HEVC), 30fps or 60fps.
- Screen is ‘The Wall’ (Size: 3.23m x 1.81m, LED 0.8mm pixel pitch).
- Resolution: UHD (3840p W X 2160p H), 16:9 horizontal (landscape) orientation.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.