Value & Duration
At $12,500 per year for up to four years, these scholarships essentially cover the difference between international and domestic tuition. The scholarship will be paid in three equal instalments per year.
International doctoral students admitted to a full-time program with a minimum 80% (A-) admission average, and who are billed at international tuition rates, are eligible subject to the criteria listed below. International doctoral students admitted with an average lower than 80%, and who meet all other criteria, will be eligible in the semester following successful completion of their qualifying exam, for the remainder of the four-year period of eligibility. Students who transfer from a Master’s program to a doctoral program will be eligible starting in the semester in which they are enrolled in the doctoral program, for the remainder of the four-year period of eligibility.
- International students who become permanent residents or Canadian citizens will no longer be eligible for the scholarship.
- Incoming students who have not identified their residency status with the Office of Registrarial Services by the 14th class day are not eligible until such evidence is presented.
- Students must maintain full-time registration and satisfactory progress in their program.
- Not tenable with the International Graduate Tuition Scholarship, Ontario Trillium Scholarships, Brock Doctoral Scholarships, Arrell Scholarships, Vanier CGS-D, Dairy Farmers of Ontario, China Scholarship Council, CONACyT, Science without Borders or any other third party funding (e.g., workplace funding, scholarships from a home government).
- Students who transfer from full-time to part-time status are no longer eligible to hold the award. However, should the student return to full-time status, and all other criteria are met, they will be eligible to hold the award for the remainder of the four-year period of eligibility (part-time semesters will be equated to full-time semesters on a 3:1 ratio).
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.