Postdoctoral Fellow in Social Anthropology
Applications are invited for a 4 years position as Postdoctoral Fellow (SKO 1352) of Social Anthropology to be based at the Department of Social Anthropology. Starting date no later than October 1st.
The applicant’s proposed research should complement the ongoing research in the Department. The successful candidate is expected to strengthen the research area she/he relates to, and to contribute to and participate in research activities at the Department. More information about research strategies and areas can be found on the Department's website.
The Department wishes to recruit a candidate with excellent research qualifications within Social Anthropology. The appointment is a fulltime position for a period of four years, 25 % of which will be devoted to teaching duties and some administration.
The main purpose of the fellowship is to qualify academics for work in higher academic positions within the discipline. The position may include fieldwork, but the main emphasis should be placed on publishing and development of pedagogical qualifications.
- Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in Social Anthropology. Doctoral dissertation must be submitted for evaluation by the closing date. Appointment is dependent on the public defence of the doctoral thesis being approved. Applicants should have obtained their doctoral degree within the last 5 years of the date of appointment. Extra time will be granted for parental leave.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and a Scandinavian language
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on the project description, as well as the applicant's academic and personal prerequisites to carry out the project. A good match between the candidate’s proposal and the Department’s research activities and teaching portfolio is a main selection criterion, along with the quality of the proposal and the qualifications of the candidate.
How to apply
The application must include
- cover letter (statement of motivation, summarizing scientific work and research interest)
- project description, including progress plan (max. 5 pages)
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only)
- a complete list of publications
Selected candidates will be asked to submit
- 3 pieces of academic works that the applicant wishes to be considered
- list of reference persons: 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
The project description must include the theme of earlier projects that this work will build on, issues to be examined, the chosen theoretical and methodological approach and a detailed progress plan for publications.
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system Jobbnorge, please follow the link “send application”. International applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
Interviews with the best qualified candidates will be arranged.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to complete the project in the course of the period of employment.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: