The Institute for Modern and Contemporary Historical Research (INZ), a research institute of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (ÖAW), Austria’s central non-university research institution, is offering a PhD student Position (f*m) (part time, 30h per week) in the research unit “Cultural heritage: biographic and source editions.
The INZ is an institute with an interdisciplinary profile and foci in early modern and modern history. Within a dynamic research environment, you will set independent research priorities in an interdisciplinary field.
- Assistance in the development of the edition project "Online Edition of Sources on Habsburg-Ottoman Diplomacy (1500-1918)"
- Taking part in the project
- Development of a dissertation project in the research field of the project
- Active participation in the activities of the research unit and the institute
- Completed university studies with diploma/master’s degree in history
- Diploma/Master Thesis on the diplomatic history of the Early Modern Period
- Experience in archival work and in dealing with handwritten sources
- Experience in working on TEI-supported digital source editions
- Foreign language skills
- Readiness for teamwork
In accordance with the collective agreement for employees of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, the annual gross salary is at least € 30.072,40. The position will initially be limited to 1 year with the possibility of an extension.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: