Many financial assistance opportunities exist for international students. These include merit-based scholarships, need-based grants, and private education loans.
Admission for first-year international students is need-aware, which means your family's ability to pay for your education may be a factor in your admission decision.
International freshmen students are eligible to compete for the Presidential Scholarship(valued at tuition, general fee, room, board and books for eight consecutive semesters).
Due to the high number of eligible applicants, not all students who meet the minimum criteria are offered scholarships. Furthermore, international transfer students are not eligible to be considered for merit-based financial aid.
Athletic scholarships should be pursued and arranged directly with the Athletic Department.
Freshmen international students who are applying for admissions for the Class of 2024 are welcome to apply for limited need-based financial aid, and should submit the following items by the deadline listed below:
Early Decision Deadline: November 1, 2019
Early Action Deadline: December 1, 2019
Regular Decision Deadline: January 15, 2020
- CSS Profile for 2020-2021
- Official letter (in English and in US Dollars) from a parent(s)' employer stating gross income and value of perquisites, subsidies, and/or benefits for the 2018 calendar year
- Certificate of Finances, available through your Applicant Status Page, with a supporting bank letter (in English and in US Dollars)
- Statement from your bank (in English and in US Dollars) indicating the amount of savings and checking that your parents have on deposit with the bank. Provide this statement for each bank your family has funds deposited.
All requested documents must be submitted to the College Board Institutional Documentation (IDOC) Service, not to the Office of Financial Assistance.
Although a student applying for aid may be academically admissible, not all students will be awarded financial aid due to the limited availability of funding. In addition, all students receiving funds are expected to contribute personally toward educational and personal expenses while attending Villanova University.
- All Early Decision Freshman international students will be notified of financial aid eligibility in December.
- All Early Action and Regular Decision Freshman international students will be notified of financial aid eligibility at the beginning of April.
- Recipients are required to re-apply for financial aid each year (following the steps below) by April 1.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.