Research Training Program Scholarship (RTP) and Macquarie Research Excellence Scholarship Program (MQRES)
2020 Research Training Program scholarship (RTP) and Macquarie Research Excellence Scholarship program (MQRES)
The main scholarship round for domestic candidates is the Research Training Program scholarship (RTP). The Research Training Program is the Australian Commonwealth Government scholarship scheme for supporting higher degree research candidates.
Awards will only be available to applicants meeting the Eligibility and Selection Criteria who:
- are citizens of Australia/New Zealand, and are Australian Permanent Residents
- have already completed or expect to complete a research Masters degree in 2019
- are enrolling as full-time students
- will undertake a Master of Philosophy, Master of Research or Doctorate in 2020
Awards will not be available to those who:
- are receiving another equivalent or major award, scholarship or salary to undertake the proposed program
- have already completed a higher degree in research at the same level or at a higher level than the proposed candidature in the same program of study
- provide false or misleading information to the University. Where there is reason to believe this condition has not been upheld, the University reserves the right to reassess the student’s entitlement to the award.
- be in receipt of minor awards, allowances or other earnings which are supplementary to an RTP or MQRES, or derived from part-time work undertaken within the guidelines set by the relevant scholarship conditions
- receive stipend top-up funding from industry or other sources to a maximum equivalent of 75% of the basic Research Training Program (RTP) stipend rate
- be in receipt of additional funds for field work, equipment and other such expenses not covered by the award.
Applicants applying for the RTP will be automatically considered for the University funded Macquarie Research Excellence Scholarship program (MQRES) in the same round.
Applicants should select Domestic HDR Main Scholarship Round as the Scholarship Type in their application.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.