For experienced researchers in any discipline, to complete a piece of research
Research Fellowships are open to experienced researchers, particularly those who are or have been prevented by routine duties from completing a programme of original research.
Awards are not limited to those holding appointments in higher education.
The maximum value of a Fellowship is £55,000. The awards provide research expenses over and above normal living costs and/or provide a contribution towards reasonable replacement costs or loss of earnings.
Fellowships are tenable for between 3 and 24 months.
- must be resident in the UK at the time of application
- should be able to demonstrate experience and academic background sufficient to confirm their ability to complete the proposed programme of research
- may not be registered for a degree, for doctoral studies, or for professional or vocational qualifications
Awards are not restricted to university graduates and/or academics but applicants should be:
- experienced researchers, particularly those prevented by routine duties from undertaking or completing a research programme
- resident in the United Kingdom at the time of application
- a permanent member of the UK scholarly community and able to demonstrate an established track record in their chosen area of research; persons currently resident and working overseas may not apply if they would still hold the overseas appointment during the tenure of an award
Candidates who have held a Research Fellowship may apply for a second award, but at least seven years should have elapsed since the previous one.
Candidates who have held an International Academic Fellowship are eligible to apply if at least three years have elapsed between their application for the International Academic Fellowship and the Research Fellowship.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.