The Met Fellowship Program
Join a community of scholars in the fields of art history, archaeology, museum education, conservation, and related sciences, as well as scholars in other disciplines, whose dynamic and interdisciplinary projects require close study of objects in The Met collection.
Annually, The Met awards over 50 fellowships to scholars from around the world. It is an educational priority to make The Met a laboratory for art and ideas. As a result, we support academic investigations of the Museum's collection spanning more than 5,000 years from every corner of the world and contribute to broader scholarly discourses.
Met fellowships are awarded to junior scholars, postdoctoral and senior academics, and museum professionals for independent study or research.
- Financial support, time, and space to conduct sustained research
- Exposure to practical curatorial work, hands-on conservation treatments, and cutting-edge scientific research
- Weekly programs designed exclusively for fellows to connect with new colleagues, share ideas, and discuss current issues in the field
- An unparalleled art collection and vast library holdings
- A base in New York City, a nexus of scholarship with world-renowned universities, cultural institutions, and libraries
- Opportunities to travel the world
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.