Fellowships at Royal Museums Greenwich
Apply for funding to support research at Royal Museums Greenwich. We offer two types of fellowships: Caird Research Fellowships, ROG 350 Sackler Fellowships and the Sackler Short-term Research Fellowship.
The deadline to apply for 2020-2021 fellowships is 6 October 2019.
Caird Research Fellowships
Royal Museums Greenwich has a well-established fellowship programme supporting high-quality research that provides new perspectives on our collections. We welcome applications that engage with our thematic priorities which, for this call, comprise the following:
- The migration of people, objects and ideas
- British identities in imperial, post-colonial and global contexts
- Human perspectives on the modern maritime world
- Understandings of nation, community and identity in museum practice
- Developments in citizen heritage, public engagement and heritage science
- Female patronage, art, architecture and performance in the Stuart court
- Naval/military uniform and concerns regarding status, display and identity
Engagement with our collections is essential, and applicants unfamiliar with these resources should consult the Museum’s Library and Archive online catalogues before submitting an application. Further information about the Museum’s current priority areas for research can be found in our 2018-22 Research Strategy document.
We welcome applications within (but not restricted to) a range of disciplines including:
- Art history
- Maritime history
- Material culture studies
- Museum and heritage studies
- Creative arts
- Conservation studies
- Area studies and environmental studies
- Cultural geography
- Literary studies
- Histories of science and technology
The Museum supports innovative and cross-disciplinary research, and also seeks to encourage creative and practice-based projects in areas such as the visual arts, performance and literature.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: