University of Tehran-Kish International Campus Scholarships for International Students, Fall, 2019
UT-KIC scholarships provide financial grant to the selected number of academically eligible students. Scholarships are awarded each year and the amounts are subject to change. Scholarship applications are sent directly to the Office of International Affairs at UT-KIC and decisions will be made based on the CV and supporting documents of the applicants.
- To be considered for scholarships, students must submit a completed application for the Fall semester 2019 by June 5th.
- Scholarship grants are contingent upon the applicant’s academic records and the availability of scholarships awarded by UT-KIC. The International Council of UT-KIC evaluates the study records of the applicants to make the decision.
- UT-KIC Scholarship is offered only for one degree program at UT-KIC. In exceptional cases and based on the previous degree achievements and approval of the department, applications of those who have received scholarship in their previous studies, may be considered by UT-KIC International Council.
- Scholarship may cover one or several of the followings:
- Tuition fees of the UT-KIC
- Access to UT-KIC dormitories (single-married)
- Insurance (for the scholarship recipients and their immediate family members)
- Monthly stipend
- Tuition fees of Persian Language courses
- Students/ Applicants who have already received scholarship from other sources in the I.R. of Iran are not eligible to receive the UT-KIC scholarship.
Applicants wishing to receive scholarship for M.A. / M.Sc. must be under 28 years and for Ph.D. programs must be under 32 years of age.
Priorities for the Selection:
These scholarships are awarded to the international applicants at UT-KIC who fulfill the following requirements. Recipients are selected based on evaluation of academic achievements including CV and previous degrees.
GPA (minimum of 80) for previous degree.
- Having a valid certificate of English Proficiency: TOEFL (PBT: 510, iBT: 64) and IELTS (5.5). For those applicants already residing in Iran, UTEPT with minimum score of 60 out of 100 is acceptable. Applicants having a very good record of the previous study but not proficient in English might be considered eligible for UT-KIC scholarship if after one semester of study at KIC, they are able to demonstrate proficiency in English.
UT-KIC scholarships are normally offered for the full period of study for which the students are liable to pay tuition fees. This is the same as the duration of the study, (2 years for M.A. and M.Sc. students and 4 years for Ph.D. students).
In order to receive the scholarship for the duration of the study, the eligible students need to fulfill the following criteria:
- For M.Sc. and Ph.D. students of Engineering, Basic Sciences and Fine Arts a GPA of 17 should be obtained at the end of each academic semester.
- All M.Sc., M.A. and Ph.D. students of other fields of study should obtain a GPA of 18 at the end of each academic semester.
- Ph.D. students must pass the comprehensive exam at the end of the 4th semester and also defend their Ph.D. proposal at the end of the 5th semester of their studies to be eligible for continuation of scholarship.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.