MARJORIE KOVLER RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP
The Marjorie Kovler Research Fellowship is administered by the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation from funds provided by the Marjorie Blum Kovler Foundation.
Stipend Amount: up to $5,000.
Research Focus: Foreign intelligence and the Presidency (or a related topic), with at least a portion of the project utilizing materials from the JFK Library archives.
Application Deadline: September 30
Award Announcement: December 1
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact an archivist at the JFK Library (Kennedy.Library@nara.gov) for information about relevant archival holdings before applying.
To apply, please submit only the following documentation:
- A complete application form.
- A brief proposal (no more than four pages) including the following information: the planned project and its significance; collections you will consult at the JFK Library and other institutions; the intended audience and expected outcome of your work.
- Two letters of recommendation from academic or other appropriate references.
- A sample of your writing (no more than ten pages);
- A project budget, including the following information: a description of how the awarded funds would be applied (the estimated per diem cost of accommodations and meals for Boston, MA is $250); a list of other fellowships or grants that will support the project, and a statement on whether matching funds are available to you through your home institution or elsewhere.
- A CV or resume.
Additional documentation will not be considered as part of your application.
Email your completed application to the Fellowship Coordinator at Kennedy.Fellowships@nara.gov, or submit by mail:
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: