“Wine weeks in Armenia” Summer School
LEARN ALL ABOUT WINE AND DISCOVER THE SACRED LAND OF ARMENIA!
Program Dates - July 15 – July 30, 2019.
The Wine Weeks In Armenia program at ICARE / EVN Wine Academy is an exclusive opportunity to immerse into the Historic World of Wine, join the young and enthusiastic team of wine professionals who are making a change in the wine education sector of Armenia. Winemaking started in Armenia at least 6100 years ago and the country is now living the years of wine industry renaissance. Learning and sharing your knowledge in Armenian wine is a lifetime experience!
What to Study
A Certificate will be awarded upon completion of the Wine Weeks in Armenia summer school program.
- Wine Business
- Short Masterclass – Intro to Armenian Wine.
- Wine Business: The objective of this course is to provide students with a broad view of the global wine market and its developments for a better understanding of a need for customer orientation. Further in the context of the wine business, a general understanding of strategic management and internationalization is taught. The application focus lies in working out a market entry strategy by using SWOT analysis and using the concept of Porter’s Five Forces to determine the attractiveness of a market. The course is designed to equip students with practical skills to plan entry to an international market.
- Short masterclass – Introduction to Armenian Wines: This 2-day course covers history, traditions, and modern trends of Armenian wines and winemaking.
– Lecture 1: Armenian wine history: from Neolithic times to Soviet era. Armenian wine regions: Armenia proper and Artsakh. Armenian winemaking traditions: from karas to stainless steel. Armenian wines: Sparkling and White.
– Lecture 2: Armenian wine history: Soviet-era to modern times. Armenian wine regions: Armenian Highland (Eastern Turkey, Iran) and the Historic World. Armenian wines: Reds, Reserves and Fortified Wines. Armenian wines: Future in global market.
Each lecture is followed by a tasting of 6 Armenian wines.
What to Experience
The Wine Weeks In Armenia program includes 3 day trips along the main wine routes of Armenia. Traditional Armenian dining experience is complimentary for each trip.
TRIP 1 – SOUTH. Tour to Vayots Dzor region and visiting the Areni-1 cave where the earliest known winery in the world has been unearthed. Tours in Areni 1 Cave, Hin Areni Winery, Trinity Canyon Vineyards, Getnatoun Winery. Visit Noravank church.
TRIP 2 – NORTH. Tour to Aragatsotn region and visiting Armenia Wine - http://armeniawine.am/, ArmAs - http://www.armas.am/, Van Ardi, and Voskevaz wineries. Visiting historical sites in Ashtarak town.
TRIP 3 – WEST. Tour to Armavir region and visiting Karas Winery - http://www.karaswines.com/ with 500 ha vineyards planted with more than 25 European varieties. Visit Zvartnots Cathedral.
650 USD. This fee covers all academic activities, visits to vineyards for the wine business projects, transport for the 3 trips, all meals during 3 trips, all tickets for cultural sites during the 3 trips, airport transfers, medical insurance for the entire period of stay, and full administrative support from ICARE. 10% Early Bird discount is available till April 15, 2019. Hurry up to register!
Ph.D. in Agriculture and Food Economics, Justus-Liebig-University, Germany
- Ph.D. in Agriculture and Food Economics, Justus-Liebig-University, Germany
- Professor of International Marketing Management, Head of Wine Economics Programs at Geisenheim University, Germany
Wine Fundamentals, Sensory Evaluation
- MS in Viticulture and Enology, Geisenheim University, Germany
- Chief Winemaker at Trinity Canyon Vineyards
How to apply
All interested candidates can apply for the summer school by pressing “Apply online” button below this announcement,
If you are not registered in ARMACAD, please create your account in the pop up window. If you already have an account just sign in and start filling in the application form fields.
Accommodation is not included in the program fee. Our team will readily help finding the best deal from countless options available at major online reservation platforms, including Booking and AirBNB.
There are plenty of modern dining spots around downtown and many options to order food online. The cost of meals during trip days is included in the program fee.
Depending on the departure city, transit country and flights, the roundtrip airplane fare from the U.S. to Armenia is estimated to be around 1,100 USD. Roundtrip tickets from Europe may cost around 350 Euros.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: