The 27th & The 28th AKS Summer Program for International Students
The Academy of Korean Studies (AKS) is pleased to announce the "27th & 28th AKS Summer Program for International Students." As an important part of our mission is to cultivate young leaders, who can contribute to the development of Korean studies, the academy has organized an intensive summer program for international undergraduate students in Korean studies. This program is composed of various components, such as special lectures on Korea, intensive Korean language course, field trips, excursions, and traditional cultural activities. Since its starting in 1993, we held the program for 26 times and around 738 students from 45 countries attended the program.
As number of applicants increases, the event will be held twice a year from 2019.
For those who are interested in the 27th or 28th AKS Summer Program for International Students, please read the notification carefully and apply for the program.
- The 27th : July 8 (Mon) – July 26 (Fri), 2019, 3 weeks
- The 28th : August 3 (Mon) – August 23 (Fri), 2019, 3 weeks
Language of the Program
Korean & English
* Except for some English lectures, most of the program will be in Korean.
Therefore the participants are recommended to possess basic Korean language skills.
Undergraduate students of second year or above from universities abroad who are majoring or minoring in Korean Studies and/or those who took Korea related courses from their universities.
* Those who are in graduate school or hold Korean nationality are not eligible for this program.
* For those who took Korea-related courses, the course names should be specified in the
* If applicant’s university does not offer Korean Studies major or Korea-related courses,
Korean language institute certificate can be substituted for university transcript.
2. Required Documents
1) Application Form: Available to download on our website
2) All Official University Transcripts
3) “Korean Proficiency Evaluation Sheet” included in the application form (No.7)
4) 1 Letter of Reference : with Recommender’s signature
5) (Optional) Score Report for Korean Proficiency Test (TOPIK)
All documents should be written in Korean or English. If not, translation of the document into Korean or English should be added. Recommender may use any type of letter form.
January 21 (Mon) – February 22 (Fri), 2019 24:00
Please combine all of the required documents in 1 pdf file except for the letters of reference and send it to the e-mail address below.
- E-mail Address: email@example.com
- E-mail Title: Application Documents for the 26th or the 27th AKS Summer Program for
International Students_Name of the Applicant
Notification of the Acceptance
The result will be announced individually via e-mail on March 29(Fri), 2019.
The Academy of Korean Studies will cover the cost of registration, lectures, accommodations, and meals during the program as well as expenses incurred during field trips and excursions.
All participants are responsible for their own travel expenses including the round-trip airfare, transportation fee between airport and AKS and medical insurance.
Ms. Jihee Ryu (Program Coordinator)
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: