Cyber Security Summer School 2019
Blockchain: Applications and Security
1-5 July 2019
From 1st to 5th July 2019 the annual Cyber Security Summer School will take place in Estonia. The focus will be on blockchain technologies and its impact on digital transformation. With experts from various sectors and establishments, Summer School will give a comprehensive overview of different aspects of blockchain technologies. There will be three different subtopics which also serve as the main discussion points for the summer school:
1) legal and economic considerations using blockchain;
2) applications for blockchain;
3) blockchain and cryptography.
The Summer School is intended for PhD students and for young experts, who already work with blockchain.
Voore Guesthouse, Voore
Raimundas Matulevičius, University of Tartu, Estonia
Dominique Unruh, University of Tartu, Estonia
Olaf Maennel, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
- Martin Ruubel, Guardtime, Estonia
- Anna-Maria Osula, Tallinn University of Technology/Guardtime, Estonia
- Mark Copeland, SmartMinds Enterprise OÜ, Estonia
- Andreas Hülsing, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
- Sherry Xu, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, Australia
- Claudio Di Ciccio, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria
- Christian Cachin, University of Bern, Switzerland
- Michael Henke, Technical University Dortmund, Germany
- Kristo Vaher, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications, Estonia
- Ahto Buldas, Tallinn University of Technology/Cybernetica, Estonia
- Alexander Nolte, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Olaf Maennel, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
- Arnis Paršovs, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Matthew Sorell, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Nickolas Falkner, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Pille Pullonen, University of Tartu/Cybernetica, Estonia
- Merike Kaeo, Double Shot Security/ICANN, USA
- Helen Eenmaa-Dimitrieva, University of Tartu, Estonia
You will receive 3 ECTS credit points and a certificate for completing the Summer School.
Please bring along a personal laptop. The course will include mandatory group work sessions.
Up to 50 PhD students (PhD level and junior researchers) and young experts.
PhD level and junior researchers: EUR 200 (excluding VAT)
All others: EUR 500 (excluding VAT)
Make the most of Estonia, and visit both Tartu and Tallinn. Cyber Security Summer School 2019 is organized in conjunction with the 5th Interdisciplinary Cyber Research (ICR) workshop to be held at the Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia on the 29th of June, 2019. After the Summer School, participants have the possibility to attend XXVII Song and XX Dance Celebration, which takes place in Tallinn between 4th -7th July, or visit the city of Tartu.
For further questions, please contact us:
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.