BritishSpanish Society Scholarships Program 2019
We are delighted to announce the British-Spanish Society 11th Scholarships Programme.
Applications for six Scholarship Awards of £5000 each are now open, aiming to support ongoing postgraduate projects in any discipline, or recently accepted postgraduate students.
The British-Spanish Society Scholarship – Application & terms 2019.
Valid application packs must include:
-A completed application form (below)
-A scanned copy of your passport or identity card
-A scanned copy of the letter of acceptance from your academic institution
-Letter/s of reference from an academic sponsor
Scholarship policy, applicants for grants should consider the following:
1. Applicants must be the United Kingdom or Spanish nationals who are or will be engaged in university studies at postgraduate level that have some connection with bilateral links and relationships between the United Kingdom and Spain in any field of academic interest.
2. Applicants may be undergraduates in their final year or be postgraduates seeking, for example, to extend existing qualifications or to carry forward research already initiated.
3. Candidates should already have been unconditionally accepted at the University of their choice and be able to provide written confirmation of this (a scanned copy of your acceptance letter will suffice).
4. References must be presented in the official letter-headed paper, dated, stamped and signed by the referee. We will accept recent letters, dated less than one year prior to the application deadline (a scanned copy of your reference letter will suffice). Email references will be equally accepted, provided they have been sent from the official email account of the academic sponsor. Candidates failing to provide references in the correct format could be disqualified from the selection process.
5. The ethical conduct section at the end of this application form must be filled in by all applicants.
6. The Society’s aim is to provide support for a course or research project which would not be possible without this additional funding.
7. When considering applications, the Council will take into account whether they conform to the objectives of the Society, which is a non-political organisation whose aim is to promote friendship and understanding among the peoples of the United Kingdom and Spain through knowledge of each other’s customs, institutions, history and way of life.
8. Successful applicants are expected to join the British-Spanish Society and become members of the Charity for a minimum period of one year. Membership should be active before the date of the awards ceremony. A small fee applies, including a 50% student discount.
9. Details of the benefactors that very generously support our programme can be found on the British-Spanish Society website. Their representatives will be involved in the selection process.
10. Grants can include allowances for research materials, travel, academic fees and, where appropriate, accommodation. Each grant will be of £5000.
11. Awarded candidates will be asked to submit a short article on their research and experiences for publication in the Society’s La Revista, within nine months after the scholarship award.
12. Publications regarding the granted research/project should mention that it was made possible thanks to the support of [name of the Principal Supporter] and the British-Spanish Society Grant. Reference of publications regarding the funded project should be sent to email@example.com
13. Awarded Master Degree projects should mention the essential support of the Principal Supporter and the British-Spanish Society Grant on their final theses.
14. If the awardee appears in the media in relation to the funded research/project, it should be notified to the British-Spanish Society at firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Applications can be submitted from December 2019 (in the first instance to the Grants Secretary) until the closing date for applications 15 February 2019. Please note that no applications, or further documents, will be accepted after 15 February 2019. It is intended that the six main scholarship awards (one for each Principal Supporter, two for Santander Universities) will be awarded in May 2019 at a ceremony reception at the Embassy of Spain in London.
16. The British-Spanish Society will contact successful applicants by email with appropriate notice. If the Charity receives no confirmation of acceptance of the award and attendance to the Ceremony within five working days from the first notification email, the Charity will attempt different means to reach the candidate. Failing to establish contact within five working days, the candidate could be disqualified. Details regarding the Awards Ceremony will reach awardees at a later stage and with appropriate notice.
17. The project will be evaluated as:
- Outstanding: ≥90 points
- Very good: 80-90 points
- Good: 70-79 points
- Satisfactory: 60-69 points
- Limited: less than 60 points
Note: When assessing the strength of applications for the British-Spanish Society scholarships, apart from considering whether they conform with the objects of the Society, the relevance of candidates’ applications to the work of our Principal Supporters may be taken into account. Candidates may want to reflect on how best to present their applications with reference to our Supporters’ websites, and are welcome to indicate if they feel their application is especially suited to the interests of a particular Supporter. Past awarded candidates’ profile highlights and project summaries are available on our website for guidance.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: