International Master’s Fellowships
This scheme offers nationals of low- and middle-income countries the opportunity to receive training at Master’s degree level.
Before 4 June 2018, this scheme was called Master’s Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine.
Scheme at a glance
Career stage:Postgraduate training
Where your host organisation is based:Low- or middle-income countries
Type of researcher:Public health
Level of funding:£120,000 including salary, studentship stipend, fees and research expenses
Duration of funding:30 months (12 months taught Master’s course and 18 months research project)
Who can apply
You can apply for an International Master's Fellowship if:
- you're a national of a low- or middle-income country
- your proposed research focuses on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country
- you have sponsorship from an eligible host organisation in a low- or middle-income country.
- hold a clinical or non-clinical undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- be at an early stage in your career with limited research experience (but you must have demonstrated interest in, or aptitude for, research).
Your research proposal
Your research proposal should be within our science remit and focus on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country.
When we consider your application, we'll look at the:
- quality and importance of your research question(s)
- feasibility of your approach to solving these problems
- suitability of your choice of research environments
- suitability of the taught Master of Science (MSc) course you select – it should take place at a recognised centre of excellence and provide you with training that will complement your research project.
Support during the fellowship
The support includes:
- a basic salary (determined by your host organisation)
- personal removal expenses
- research management and support costs
- research expenses, directly related to your proposal
What we don’t offer
- Major equipment. We only consider modest requests for equipment, so the place you choose to do your research project must have the necessary equipment and facilities.
- Research assistance.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: